Monday, June 26, 2006

Farewell Fatigue

Now isn't it interesting what happens when you join 2 words that don't normally go together? How established meanings are completely transformed?

"Farewell Fatigue" is not a term I was familiar with until Friday when we had some drinks for a variety of people that are leaving SL next week. One of the girls I was chatting to mentioned that given that she'd been working in this field for a number of years she had developed the afore-mentioned syndrome due to the number of people that she had said goodbye to, and was now almost pathological in her aversion to any kind of adieu. Consequently I was only allowed to say "until next time"!

But for me whilst I'm not suffering from fatigue, I am really sad to be leaving some very good friends made in the short time here. Yesterday was a case in point with a sedate lunch in the sun at a local watering hole followed by goodbyes. The friends I'm talking about are probably those whose company I have enjoyed the most and with whom I feel we've struck-up a special connection. I know we'll keep in touch but given the industry it won't be easy. With that in mind, I only just managed to get outta there without crying! sniff

2 Comments:

At 7:25 pm, Blogger MountainWave said...

dawgies feel the same. a special connection much enjoyed. until next time....in Oz with Lulu and friends.

peace and love and hugs to you. we will miss you here. excited for your adventures in the coming weeks/months.

 
At 9:59 am, Blogger The Youngs said...

dear girl, i knew that was going to be you!!! will miss you muchly and looking forward to seeing you both down our way in the not too distant future. xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home